If money is no object, then choosing any kind of ring – and especially an engagement ring – is usually no problem.
Most of us, however, have to work to a budget. This doesn’t mean just opting for a cheap ring; it means that you should choose carefully. If you’re set on buying a diamond then our article “How to choose a diamond ring” will give you some helpful tips on how to select a great ring.
If you’re wanting to surprise your girlfriend with a great ring, but are a bit short of cash, then there are ways of making your budget go as far as possible. There are ways that will allow you to ‘wow your girlfriend with a ring on a budget”.
– a number of stones costs less than a single stone with the same overall weight;
– a cluster of small stones looks bigger than a single stone;
– the setting can enhance the overall presentation;
– the shape of the stone is important in creating the right impression;
– the cost of the metal in the band can add significantly to the cost;
– it doesn’t have to be a diamond….
For more information on these …
Choosing a ring where the diamond (or gemstone) looks larger than it is
Alternatives to buying a diamond ………… more